Long Islanders are known for their independent spirit and get-it-done attitude. As a people we know the value of coming together and taking care of our communities. If you live on Long island permanently or just part-time, there are a number of organizations that are actively involved in the life of the island. Membership is open to all!
- The Long Island Chamber of Commerce
- The Long Island Sailing Club (the local arm of the Long Islanders Association)
- The Long Island Cancer Society, a branch of the CSOB (Facebook page)
- The Ladies Friendship Club – a place for senior citizens to interact (photos only)
Other civic groups associated with Long Island are:
- Cancer Society Of The Bahamas (branches)
- Bahamas Sailing Association (Facebook page)
- Long Islanders Association – Long Islanders living in Nassau (Facebook Page)
Don’t see your group listed? Contact us to add your link.